Short Description : - Basella alba is a fast-growing, soft-stemmed vine, reaching 10 metres (33 ft) in length. Its thick, semi-succulent, heart-shaped leaves have a mild flavour and mucilaginous texture. It is rich in vitamins A and C, iron and calcium. It has been shown to contain certain phenolic phytochemicals and it has antioxidant properties.It is also called Malabar Spinach. There are two varieties - green and red. The stem of the Basella alba is green and the stem of the cultivar Basella alba 'Rubra' is reddish-purple; the leaves in both cases are green. The stem when crushed usually emits a strong scent. Malabar Spinach can be found at many Asian supermarkets, as well as farmers' markets.
Uses :- Fiber is helpful for a healthy bowel and reduces the risk of heart disease, diabetes and diverticulitis. Calcium is necessary for bone strength and also helpful for muscle spasms. Potassium is an electrolyte in your body needed for cellular health and necessary for a normal electrical activity in the heart muscle. Vitamins help in the production of white blood cells and also assists in keeping your bones strong.
1) Helps digestion
2) Excellent for pregnant women & lactating mothers
3) Goods for bone health & teeth
4) Good for heart health & blood pressure related issues
5) Boosts immunity & delays ageing
6) Good for eyes
7) Heals boil & scabies as well as mouth ulcers
8) Relief for burning sensation in eyes on palm & soles
9) Provides relief in urinary infection /burning sensation while passing urine