- Giant Wild Rice
- Found only in small quantities and known as the 'caviar of grains', Giant Wild Rice is a North American aquatic grass with long slender edible seeds.
- Loved for its delicious taste and valued for its nutritional properties, this versatile rice adds texture and flavour to salads, pilafs, soups and stuffings.
- Giant Wild Rice is higher in protein than other wholegrains and is a good source of fibre.
- For half a century we've been passionate about bringing great quality rice to the heart of every home and the centre of every table.
- Our love for rice means we never compromise; only exceptional is ever good enough to carry our name.
- Your kitchen deserves the best; trust us to bring you rice from around the world that you'll always be proud to serve
- Genuine goodness
- Wholegrain rice
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Pack size: 250g
Giant Wild Rice
Store in a cool dry place.
- Hob (From Ambient): How to cook a two person portion:
- Place 125g of Giant Wild Rice in a large saucepan and stir in 450ml of boiling water.
- Return to the boil, cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes until the grains have popped.
- Take off the heat and keep the pan covered for a further 5 minutes then fork through the grains adding a knob of butter if liked.
- To shorten the cooking time, cover generously in boiling water and soak overnight.