Country of Origin: India
Goat meat is a great source of protein that is easily found, as well as many devotees. It is the most commonly consumed red meat in the world. Various processed goat ranging from satay, curry, tongseng, kebuli rice, lamb roll, and others would have been familiar.
Although goats are also known to raise cholesterol levels and blood pressure, but goat meat also have health benefits when consumed in appropriate portions.
Here are some benefits of goat meat:
- Consumption of goat meat may lower the risk of a person suspected to have inflammation in blood vessels, and stabilize the heartbeat. For those who have coronary heart disease, it is advisable to eat only the goat meat but stay away from the fat. There are healthy recipes that can be found from cook books or Internet how to prepare goat meat.
- There is CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid – a fatty acid found mostly in meat and dairy products) in goat meat, which is a cancer-preventing fatty acids and avoid inflammation. This is most abundant in the meat of grass fed animals. It is the only good trans-fat and is naturally occurring in this meat. It is also found in the milk of animals that are pasture raised. It’s findings like this that illustrate the value of raising animals as they were meant to be raised.
- For those who are trying to lose weight, there is vitamin B in goat meat, which helps burn fat in your body. In addition, it is also high in protein, and lower in saturated fat than beef. The proteins found in goat’s meat act as hunger-suppressing agents and keep the stomach full longer, thus managing one’s weight.
- There are selenium and chlorine in goat meat which are beneficial to prevent cancer.
- Pregnant women can also benefit from eating goat meat because it prevents anemia, by increasing the blood haemoglobin levels in the mother and enhancing blood supply to the baby as it contains high amounts of iron (3mg iron/100g of goat meat), and helps blood circulation.
It reduces the risk of birth defects in babies, such as neural tube defects, etc. Although many pregnant women are afraid to eat goat, but actually goat meat even prevent birth defects, as long cooked with good maturity level.
- It prevents anemia for women who are still menstruating. It provides relief from menstrual pain as well.
- There is high content of Vitamin B12 in goat’s meat that helps keep from stress and depression. B12 is also very good to achieve healthy looking skin.
- Goat meat are rich in omega 3 fatty acid. This is one of the good fats. It is good to lower triglyceride levels, rheumatoid arthritis as it can curb stiffness and joint pain. Children with ADHD and autism can benefit also.
- It is low potassium and sodium, useful to control blood pressure, and prevent stroke and kidney disease.
- Calcium contained by goat meat is also good for bones and those who are suffering from osteoporosis.