Short Description :- The sweet potato is one of the finest and earthiest of vegetables that are used in various cuisines across the world. It has a great taste .The sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas) is a dicotyledonous plant that belongs to the family Convolvulaceae. Its large, starchy, sweet-tasting, tuberous roots are a root vegetable. The young leaves and shoots are sometimes eaten as greens. The sweet potato is only distantly related to the potato (Solanum tuberosum) and does not belong to the nightshade family, Solanaceae, but both families belong to the same taxonomic order, the Solanales.
Uses : - The potatoes are roasted over charcoal and flavoured with lime juice and chat masala. You can also eat it simply boiled. These are a great base for making hash brown patties too. You can use these in vegetables also. A sweet potato halwa is a rare delicacy that is made using these. Chips can be made out of these too.
Benefits : -
1) They are high in vitamin B6.
2) They are a good source of vitamin C.
3) They are a good source of vitamin D, which helps build healthy bones.
4) Sweet potatoes contain iron and support a healthy immune system.
5) Sweet potatoes are a good source of magnesium, which is the relaxation and anti-stress mineral.
6) They are a source of potassium.
7) Sweet potatoes do not cause blood sugar spikes.
8) Sweet potatoes help ward off cancer and protect against the effects of aging.
9) They are versatile.