In a simple way, Dehydration is a condition when our body having harmful reduction of water along with essential salt and minerals. In during summers, dehydration taking its place when your body fails to recover the loss of fluids caused by profuse sweating because of external temperature is increased nowadays.
Dehydration can occur to all aged persons but especially vulnerable are children, small babies and older adults. We especially need to take care of kids as their body is relatively smaller and tending to generate more body heat and produce less sweat than adults, that can lead to dehydration.
Signs of Dehydration
Some of the symptoms of dehydration:
- Muscle Cramps
- Cracked and Dry Lips
- Dark Urine
- Dry Nasal Passage
- Slow Response and Mood Change
If any of these signs caused concern and you suspect severe dehydration, you must take care of many things that can help you to reduce dehydration and stay safe and healthy.
Follow these simple tips to avoid dehydration in Summers
- Drink Water Properly, ensure to start and end the day with a glass of water.
- Eat waterish fruits and vegetables like watermelon, cucumber, strawberry, rockmelon, spinach, Zucchini and iceburg lettuce etc.
- Include waterish fruits and vegetables salad in your meals.
- Try to avoid alcoholic and caffeinated beverages like tea, coffee or some soft drink.
- Dilute fruit juice and reduce the sugar intake to stay hydrated.
- Eat food rich in Potassium including banana, sweet potatoes, coconut water, mangoes and pineapples to maintain electrolytes in the body.
- Wear light-weight and loose-fitting clothes on hot days and seek shade when going outside.
- Keep house cool by closing blinds and curtains during day time and opening windows at night.